Sunday, October 23, 2011

Thats Not My Chicken


That's some nice looking chicken. Perfectly browned and crispy looking skin, meaty meaty breasts, and I do believe that's fresh rosemary tying off the legs. Deliciousness.

That, however, is not my chicken. Thats a googled image of chicken. In fact, it might not even be chicken at all - who knows what they do to chicken under the hot flash of food photography bulbs. I could be drooling over petroleum jelly molded into the shape of chicken sprayed with brown glaze and waxed to shine.

No, thats not my chicken. My chicken is juicy, crunchy, crispy, succulent, and quite literally, not my chicken - it's actually Ina Garten's Chicken, and everyone who reads this should try once in their lifetime to make Ina Garten's Perfect Chicken recipe. I swear you will not regret this.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/perfect-roast-chicken-recipe/index.html

My chicken is still in the fridge, having made it a few days ago, and thinking about it there are like 50 million things you can do with leftover chicken including chicken pot pie, chicken salad, chicken quesadillas ("Eat Your Food Tina!").


Here is a pretty picture of some of the ingredients you'll need. Food stylist I'm not, but this was a pretty set up and my I-Phone happened to be on the countertop.

Enjoy your chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment